Almost all of our studies performed on Market Measures have ain mind that varies across our many strategies. We often show how managing profits in trades reduces volatility of our trades and produces the best per day profits in the long run, but we rarely talk about what is required of us after management.
Today, the guys talk about the importance of staying active and engaged after taking a winning trade off the table. It is too easy to relax and be content with our winners, so we have put together some research showing how staying active after profits have been taken is of the utmost importance.The Study
- S&P 500 (SPY); 2005 to present
- Sold using 45 DTE options
- Compared results of the following management tactics:
- Manage at 50% and immediately redeploy
- Manage at 50% and wait until to redeploy
- Held to expiration and immediately redeploy
We saw that our go-to strategy of managing and immediately redeploying that capital somewhere witnessed the best results. And actually, managing without the immediate redeployment saw by far the worst results of these three techniques. Check out what the guys had to say about all this in the segment above.