It's that time again to make promises to yourself and keep them...at least through the end of January, right?
Here at tastytrade, we are right there with you. We're ready to stay mechanical in our trading and to sell the heck out of some premium. As you're coming up with your own resolutions for 2016, here are some resolutions from our tastytrade hosts...in case you need a little inspiration!
Pete Mulmat (from Futures Measures)
- Less directional plays, and making more of high IVR
- Be nice to Jules
- Stop trading at 3am CST
Tom Preston (from tastytrade Live!)
I will never knowingly take the opposite side of my Mom’s trades.
I will always obey probability.
I will take my recommended dose of positive theta every day.
Liz Dierkling (from The Liz & JNY Show)
- Get to know the development team upstairs.
- Be present. Life is crazy with two kids...I want to be present and in the moment instead of just "getting through" moments.
- Be more mechanical and less emotional in my trades...follow the rules!
Jenny Andrews (from The Liz & JNY Show)
- Go to bed by 11 p.m.
- Only drink 2 glasses of wine a night.
- Place monthly Jade Lizards in TLT, GLD, DIA, & EWZ.
Ryan Grace (from The Ryan & Beef Show)
- I'm looking to manage losing positions earlier and have a sound plan in place prior to entering a trade. I'd also like to be more patient with my trade entry.
- Put on 20 lbs of raw muscle.
Mike “Beef” Hart (from The Ryan & Beef Show)
Return to the basics and be more mechanical in my trading. Sometimes throughout the year it can be easy to stray from what we know is right. My goal for next year is to stick with it and keep my trades from entry to exit in line with the rules that we know over time lead to the highest probability of success.
Mike Butler (from Mike & His White Board)
- Trading: Manage all my losers at 2x loss. Working with a small account, I don't have the luxury of riding out losers until they're winners, so I'll be focused and mechanical on managing all losers at 2x credit received!
- Life: Do more cardio, help others who need it and eat as much asian food as possible!
Katie McGarrigle (from Where Do I Start: Trading Futures with Katie)
- More traveling, tea, running, yoga, books, concerts, scalping futures.
- Less cursing, complaining, social media, second guessing my trading ability.
Nick Battista (from Where Do I Start: Bat vs. Bat)
- Get to the gym and beef up like Mike Butler.
- Trading wise, I want to be up 15% by the end of next year.
Tony Battista (from tastytrade Live!)
- Promise to let Tom Sosnoff believe he’s the superior trader.
- Stop calling Tom a loser so much.
- Create a PISTA code of ethics.
Tom Sosnoff (from tastytrade Live!)
- Honor my commitment to judge RibFest.
- Make 10 free throws in a row.
- Poison Tony (again) so he throws up on air.
What are your resolutions? How have you improved your trading over the year? Let us know in the comments below!